Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q: What is the cost for a counseling session?
Pure Counseling PLLC providers charge $175 for the initial psychological evaluation and each 45 minute counseling session. Appointments can be booked online via the client portal.
Q: Are there other costs or fees?
Pure Counseling PLLC charges the following administration & documentation fees. Please note, that we must have a signed *release of information* form prior to any of these services:
- Copy of session notes – $50 copy fee
- Disability claim documentation – $150 documentation fee
- Phone consultation with other professionals – $25 per 15 minutes
- Professional letter requests – $150 documentation fee
- In person litigation and court appearances – $200 per hour (minimum 1 hour charged, plus travel)
- There is a mandatory additional $10 fee to notarize legal documents
All documents will be mailed certified by the United States Postal Service. If you require another method, please contact our office.
Q: Do you accept health insurance?
Insurance plans are currently NOT accepted. Sliding scale is available for those who qualify.
Q: I don’t want to use health insurance. Can I pay on my own?
At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe everyone should have equal access to affordable counseling services regardless if you have health insurance or what type of plan you have. If you prefer to pay out of pocket, you will be charged $175 per 45 min counseling session. Here are some reasons why many of our clients choose NOT to use their health insurance.
- Health insurance companies require a legitimate and billable diagnosis in order to provide you with counseling services. Without a billable diagnosis, claims submitted to your health insurance company will deny payment and send you a bill for the full amount.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we don’t believe that everyone coming to our office has a mental illness, but perhaps there are struggles with difficult situations or stressors that promote seeking counseling for help. This would not typically be covered by health insurance.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe that no two people are the same, therefore create a treatment plan with you, for you. There should not be any unnecessary pressure to reach your goals within any predetermined number of sessions.
- Most health insurance companies have an annual limitation on the number of sessions they will provide payment for.
- There are limitations of privacy when working with health insurance companies. A diagnosis given to you is not only seen by other professionals at the health insurance company, such as nurse case managers and customer service staff, but will remain on your permanent health record. Some potential repercussions of this are negatively effecting the adoption and foster care processes, jobs requiring security clearance, being used in litigation, and susceptibility to hacking.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe your privacy is imperative to gaining your trust and maintaining your confidentiality rights. However, please note that Pure Counseling PLLC is a mandated reporter.
Please talk to your provider if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding payments.
Q: What kinds of experience does my provider have?
All of our providers have extensive training, and sometimes certifications in specific areas. Additionally, our senior providers have at least 10 years of clinical experience and expertise.
Q: Do you offer flexible appointment times?
Appointments are made by clicking on the *calendar* and selecting any available day and time you prefer. We offer daytime and some evening appointments for your convenience.
Q: How can I make my first appointment?
Please schedule your appointments though our client portal or by calling (214) 296-2454. Please select from the available appointment times. If you are a new patient, you will be guide to the online *new patient forms* for you to complete online. New patient forms will need to be filled out prior to your first appointment. If you need to change your appointment, please contact our office.
Q: How can I make a follow-up appointment for in person or online counseling?
Following each session you have the opportunity to schedule your next appointment with your provider. You can also schedule additional appointments via our calendar in our online portal.
Q: What is your no-show policy?
We have a lenient cancellation policy if you call 24 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule without any financial penalty. If you do not show up for your appointment, or if you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be eligible for a refund and insurances will not cover this.
Q: What is your late policy?
At Pure Counseling PLLC, we recognize that things come up that are out of your control. We kindly ask for communication if you will be late to an appointment. We understand and accept being up to 15 minutes late, but consider any additional time as a no-show appointment and will not be able to see your provider or be eligible for a refund.
Q: Can I bring someone to counseling with me?
Individual counseling is typically one person and one therapist. Sometimes, you might find it is helpful to bring your spouse, parent, child, or another close family member to work on problems as a group. You and your therapist should decide on this together to determine if this would be helpful for you.