Counseling does not have to be a scary experience.
At Pure Counseling PLLC we provide a warm and supportive environment to guide patients to successfully achieve relief, fulfillment, and meaning.
"Life can be difficult. We're here to open up its possibilities."
Pure Counseling PLLC was established to provide affordable therapeutic mental health and medical rehabilitation counseling services. We are conveniently located in Richardson, TX and provide therapy for all Texans via HIPPA approved online counseling portal.
Seeking counseling can be a scary experience. You may feel alone and vulnerable by sharing your innermost thoughts and feelings with a total stranger. Trust is the cornerstone of counseling, and we know how difficult it can be to let your guard down.
Our staff at Pure Counseling PLLC is here to answer any questions you have about the counseling process to help you achieve your goals. If we are not the best fit, we will gladly recommend colleagues in the area who may be better suited to help your needs.
As Dallas Fort Worth’s leaders in anxiety disorders, depression and medical rehabilitation counseling, we are proud to offer a wide range of comprehensive services to help you and your loved ones.
Our highly trained providers have advanced education, clinical experience, and specialized expertise to guide you to success in achieving meaning, fulfillment, and self-actualization.
In addition, Pure Counseling PLLC makes every effort to support the community whenever possible, including community-wide educational events and workshops.
Counseling Services provided:
Anxiety Disorders & Depression
Feeling constantly worried, or suffering from phobias, panic attacks, compulsions, or nervous breakdowns? Our counselors are well-suited to help you regain – or attain for the first time – a sense of normalcy, focus and well being.
Medical Rehabilitation Counseling
Medical rehabilitation counseling generally refers to helping those suffering from injuries or disabilities. Examples range from short-term challenge such as sports injuries to chronic or long-term condition such as cancer.
Additional Counseling Services
Our team of professionals have advanced training and certifications to get through the hardships you face today for the hope of a better tomorrow. Services range from Academic Advising to Geriatric & End of Life Counseling.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost for a counseling session?
Pure Counseling PLLC providers charge $200 for the initial psychological evaluation and $175 per 45 minute counseling session. Appointments can be booked online via the client portal.
Do you accept health insurance?
Please call our office to see if your health insurance plan is accepted. Please have your insurance card readily available.
I don’t want to use health insurance. Can I pay on my own?
At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe everyone should have equal access to affordable counseling services regardless if you have health insurance or what type of plan you have. If you prefer to pay out of pocket, you will be charged $175 per 45 min counseling session. Here are some reasons why many of our clients choose NOT to use their health insurance.
- Health insurance companies require a legitimate and billable diagnosis in order to provide you with counseling services. Without a billable diagnosis, claims submitted to your health insurance company will deny payment and send you a bill for the full amount.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we don’t believe that everyone coming to our office has a mental illness, but perhaps there are struggles with difficult situations or stressors that promote seeking counseling for help. This would not typically be covered by health insurance.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe that no two people are the same, therefore create a treatment plan with you, for you. There should not be any unnecessary pressure to reach your goals within any predetermined number of sessions.
- Most health insurance companies have an annual limitation on the number of sessions they will provide payment for.
- There are limitations of privacy when working with health insurance companies. A diagnosis given to you is not only seen by other professionals at the health insurance company, such as nurse case managers and customer service staff, but will remain on your permanent health record. Some potential repercussions of this are negatively effecting the adoption and foster care processes, jobs requiring security clearance, being used in litigation, and susceptibility to hacking.
- At Pure Counseling PLLC, we believe your privacy is imperative to gaining your trust and maintaining your confidentiality rights. However, please note that Pure Counseling PLLC is a mandated reporter.
Please talk to your provider if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding payments.
How can I make my first appointment?
Please schedule your appointments though our client portal or by calling (214) 296-2454. Please select from the available appointment times. If you are a new patient, you will be guide to the online *new patient forms* for you to complete online. New patient forms will need to be filled out prior to your first appointment. If you need to change your appointment, please contact our office.
Are there other costs or fees?
Pure Counseling PLLC charges the following administration & documentation fees. Please note, that we must have a signed *release of information* form prior to any of these services:
- Copy of session notes – $50 copy fee
- Disability claim documentation – $50 documentation fee
- Phone consultation with other professionals – $25 per 15 minutes
- Professional letter requests – $100 documentation fee
- In person litigation and court appearances – $150 per hour
(minimum charge of 1 hour)
- There is a mandatory additional $10 fee to notarize legal documents
All documents will be mailed certified by the United States Postal Service. If you require another method, please contact our office.
What is your no-show policy?
We have a lenient cancellation policy if you call 24 hours prior to your appointment to reschedule without any financial penalty. If you do not show up for your appointment, or if you are more than 15 minutes late, you will not be eligible for a refund and insurances will not cover this.
What is your late policy?
At Pure Counseling PLLC, we recognize that things come up that are out of your control. We kindly ask for communication if you will be late to an appointment. We understand and accept being up to 15 minutes late, but consider any additional time as a no-show appointment and will not be able to see your provider or be eligible for a refund.
Can I bring someone to counseling with me?
Individual counseling is typically one person and one therapist. Sometimes, you might find it is helpful to bring your spouse, parent, child, or another close family member to work on problems as a group. You and your therapist should decide on this together to determine if this would be helpful for you.